06:58Posted by Sky
A large-scale bed anchors this room and sets an elegant tone. The upholstered and tufted headboard and sideboards have a masculine feel, but the luxurious silk bedding adds a feminine touch. Next to the bed, backlit frosted-glass panels allow a soft, warm glow to filter into the bedroom while hiding the contents of the bookcase behind.
- Golden yellows were chosen to brighten this north-facing bedroom.
- Pendent lights are a sophisticated and unique alternative to bedside lamps.
- A pair of mirrors reflects light to brighten up this bedroom.
- The custom-made bed and headboard includes tailored style with button detail.
Pale walls and cozy neutral inhabit this bedroom where a mountain view is the star of the show. The room's contemporary fireplace is handily offset by traditional furnishings designed with an eye for comfort.
- Soft curvy chairs counteract the linear look of the mantel area.
- Cozy throws beckon visitors to sit by the fire.
- White ceiling and trim contrasts with the pale wall hue in butter.
Inspired by the sands of Bermuda and Bora Bora, a creative homeowner gives his landlocked home the illusion of sand, sun, and surf. In the bedroom, a sense of serenity prevails thanks to the minimal use of color and a focus on sumptuous textures.
- Black-and-white photographs complement the palm-print bedspread.
- A sophisticated striped fabric is repeated on the curtains and bed skirt.
- A crisp linen-covered headboard is a calm break from the room's patterns.
- A wicker desk chair and rattan baskets bring warm texture to the room.
This style-conscious master suite displays a sense of fun. The leopard-pattern wool carpet sets the playful mood, letting the upholstered headboard, subtle decorative-paint finish, and neutral draperies imbue the room with a sense of luxury. The result is a room that is both warmly familiar and forever fresh.
- Nail-head trim in an interesting pattern is a fine finishing touch on the ottoman.
- Contrast piping around the upholstered headboard adds interest and glamour.
- Heirloom pieces, such as the hall chair in this room, make a space feel personal.
- Awash in shades of ivory and gold, this room's neutral palette delivers a sense of calm.
Pale blue walls form the backdrop to this easy breezy retreat. Instead of a headboard, the bed is centered under the bright window and framed by gauzy panels mounted to the sloped ceiling. Serene white linens lend the feeling of a boutique hotel.
- Pendent lights are made from large rattan balls and paper lanterns.
- A single orange pillow adds a needed punch of color in the room.
- A rattan bench serves as a footboard and a cozy spot to read.
- White bedding and cool walls are a sharp contrast to the dark wood floors.
Neutrals don't have to be blah. Layering loads of texture into this bedroom's decor creates tactile and visual interest. Color is kept alive in small doses with pillows, art, and flowers.
- A taupe-and-tan theme allows bedding choices to be easily updated.
- A stone-color wall paint smoothes over the room's different ceiling planes.
- Never choose furniture that is so trendy you won't love it in a few years.
- A coffee table at the footboard provides ample storage for books.
A rustic wood ceiling balances the casual formality of the furnishings sitting below it. Though the color palette could signal a contemporary room, the furnishings and built-ins are decidedly traditional.
- Artistic window placement lets in light while maintaining privacy.
- Simply striped fabric covers the chair, seat cushions, and shades.
- Window seats and built-ins maximize the space on the far wall.
- Token amounts of lime green contribute freshness to the scheme.
Bamboo, a material reminiscent of the late 18th-century British Colonial Era, is used on several furniture pieces. A patterned area rug repeats the black and floral themes while the room's fabrics harmonize within the color palette.
- Antique botanicals jazz up a closet door -- an unusual spot for art.
- The bed's canopy and a golden color scheme suggest a royal English theme.
- An English flame-maple corner cupboard hosts antique tea sets.
- Black tole lamps and a custom-painted bed add gentle sophistication.